MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AviationParadise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 76vzk.png]

Hey Guys! Welcome to AviationParadise's showcase thread! After about a month and a half of hard work, we have launched AviationParadise! AviationParadise is a site for all plane loving aviation enthusiasts! If you like Boeings or Airbuses, then this is for you! Join today and connect with people who love jets from the other side of the world! Though still starting out small, we plan on expanding rapidly! This is one site you'll never forget!

We are also currently looking for staff willing to participate in discussions. To apply PM AirbusA340 on the site!

Here Is The Link To Our Site: http://aviationparadise.co.nr/

Feedback, Comments, and Suggestions Appreciated!

*Please Don't Rant On About The Domain, I'm 11 and Can't Really Use PayPal, now Can I? (Though I Would Buy A TLD if I had PayPal)

Good:

- You chose a good theme.
- You're 11 and starting your own forum, that's commendable no matter whether it is a success or not. If you stick at it you could go somewhere.

Bad:

- The scrolling news ticker is annoying.
- The 'you're not registered' bar is offensive, annoying and outdated.
- Your logo has an awful font with poor readability and a 00s glow effect.
- The very first forum listed is RSS News which is not something I can post in, you should have the most relevant forum at the top of the list. The one that's going to have the most discussion.
- You have a Chat feature, which always goes down as bad in my books for any forum.
- You have too many forums for a new site, things like Incidents & Accidents could be merged with News etc etc.
- Having a forum populated with RSS generated threads is a false economy, it looks lazy too. You should post these items yourself in the appropriate forums to drive discussion rather than faking post counts to imply an active community. 56 threads between 2 members looks terrible for a new forum. If I was thinking about joining, I wouldn't.

Rating: 2/10

Needs work. Good luck.
Love it! Shame InterGen did not want your server!
(2011-09-21, 05:44 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Good:

- You chose a good theme.
- You're 11 and starting your own forum, that's commendable no matter whether it is a success or not. If you stick at it you could go somewhere.

Bad:

- The scrolling news ticker is annoying.
- The 'you're not registered' bar is offensive, annoying and outdated.
- Your logo has an awful font with poor readability and a 00s glow effect.
- The very first forum listed is RSS News which is not something I can post in, you should have the most relevant forum at the top of the list. The one that's going to have the most discussion.
- You have a Chat feature, which always goes down as bad in my books for any forum.
- You have too many forums for a new site, things like Incidents & Accidents could be merged with News etc etc.
- Having a forum populated with RSS generated threads is a false economy, it looks lazy too. You should post these items yourself in the appropriate forums to drive discussion rather than faking post counts to imply an active community. 56 threads between 2 members looks terrible for a new forum. If I was thinking about joining, I wouldn't.

Rating: 2/10

Needs work. Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do Smile
Please keep the ticker bar.
(2011-09-22, 06:10 AM)JeremyA Wrote: [ -> ]Please keep the ticker bar.
Ticker bars are so 1999. I highly recommend getting rid of it and finding a classier way (like a jQuery plugin) to do it.