MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I install custom icons to match a custom theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Right off the bat, I should apologize for being so clueless - I'm very new to this. I'm trying to create a forum using MyBB. It's hosted on ByteHost. I've downloaded a custom theme but am unable to get its custom icons to show.

This is the theme I downloaded:
http://www.awesomestyles.com/mybb-themes...vo4-v2-bio

This is the forum I tried to install the theme on:
<edited>

As you can see, the custom icons aren't showing. I've probably overlooked something obvious and will feel dumb when it's pointed out to me. The instructions in the readme file accompanying the custom theme simply say:

Quote:1) Upload the included image folder to your ./images directory
2) Import included theme XML into your Admin CP > Templates & Style > Import a Theme.
3) Switch to the new theme via your User Control Panel!

On ByteHost, I've uploaded all of the (unzipped) custom icon images to the following location:
<edited>

I made sure to keep all files within that directory in their original folders.

I checked the XML file to confirm that the path was correct. An example of its text:
<![CDATA[ images/blackevo4-bio/logo.png

In my ByteHost control panel, the location of that particular file is:
<edited>

I notice when I type <edited> into my browser, it redirects to the ByteHost default page. I think the error lies there but I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it.

If anyone has the patience to explain this to a n00b (or point me to a detailed tutorial), I'd really appreciate it.
Check the file permissions (CHMOD) through your FTP client. Make sure the files listed in this wiki article are set properly.
Make sure that the file is a gif and not a png... Might not be reading it correctly Smile
Your images are pointing towards 69.170.135.91 rather then your board url.
(2011-09-21, 01:26 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Your images are pointing towards 69.170.135.91 rather then your board url.
Quote:I notice when I type http://postwhoring.isgreat.org/images/bl...o/logo.png into my browser, it redirects to the ByteHost default page. I think the error lies there but I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it.

I think it might be the folder's permissions throwing a 403 that Bytehost is redirecting to that custom page.
Thanks for the fast replies!

Steven, I tried to follow the instructions in the link you posted, but noted the following differences:

Quote:./inc/config.php
Mine is .../htdocs/inc/config.php

./inc/settings.php
Mine is ...htdocs/inc/settings.php

I also have an /Upload/inc directory, but it doesn't contain config.php or settings.php

./cache/
Mine is .../htdocs/cache

./cache/themes/
Mine is ...htdocs/cache/themes

./uploads/
Mine is .../htdocs/uploads

./uploads/avatars/
Mine is .../htdocs/uploads/avatars

Changing the CHMOD permissions doesn't seem to have helped.

Could the problem be the htdocs folder? Should I be moving everything to eliminate it completely?
./ is equivalent to your htdocs folder, so everything should be fine. I don't really know why it wouldn't be working if all the permissions are set right.
Alright, thanks anyway.

Edit: Yep, it was my own stupidity. I'd uploaded the files to the image folder rather than the image folder inside of htdocs. All is well now.
Nope. In Byethost, all your site files (in this case MyBB) should be inside htdocs.

Login to file manager, click on postwhoring.isgreat.org, click on "htdocs".
MyBB files will be there. Upload "blackevo" folder inside images directory.

You read my mind - that's exactly what I just did! I must have clicked on the wrong "Images" directory in FileZilla when uploading.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2