MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Subject- & Posting-Field width
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @all,

can someone tell me how and where to change the width of the Subject- & Posting-Field ?

Main reason is: I need to post large Links @ my Forum and therefor it would be nice to see the complete link in one row.

For the slow one's (Just kidding) I made a picture of what I want:

[Image: mybboardquestion3kf.jpg]

You see ? Smile

Hope someone can help.

I searched the forums but I didn't find a answer Sad

Thanks in advance.

PS.:
Is there a way to enable HTML in postings ? Because I want to embedd some Youtube.com-Flash Movies in some threads but they are smaller than they should be (Using the Flash-BBCode Extension) or didn't get displayed at all (Using the Youtube HTML Output).
Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify / Delete --> Expand your template set --> New Reply Templates --> newreply

Find:
<input type="text" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="$subject" tabindex="1" />
Replace with:
<input type="text" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="$subject" tabindex="1" style="width:100%" />
Find:
<textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">$message</textarea>
Replace with:
<textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" style="width:100%">$message</textarea>

There should be similar ones in ... New Thread Templates --> newthread

As for HTML postings, you can change the Allow HTML setting when you edit any forum. Be advised though, that users can potentially screw up the layout of the page, or do other things that HTML allows.
Thanks DennisTT.

It works for the Subject-Field. But sadly NOT for the Posting-Field (Neither in new reply nor new thread).
In the same template try changing ...
<textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">$message</textarea>
or if you already made the changes suggested above, change ...
<textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" style="width:100%">$message</textarea>

to ...
<textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="90" tabindex="2">$message</textarea>
Thanks MiNT, works fine (Used '100' as value as it fits perfect).

Thanks again @all.

Cheers.