MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Today I will install MyBB :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well after a couple of weeks testing MyBB out on my localhost I have decided start another project off running MyBB.

I have purchased a nice 4 character domain and I a have a test install ready to get things to my liking.

This is my first live forum using MyBB, my other forum uses XF and I would appreciate any tips & plug-in recommendations (Just general ones) from the more seasoned MyBB users.

Out of the box MyBB seems to have a spam problem from what I have seen so ontop of enabling cloudflare I will obviously need anti-spam plugins, So which ones are the best?

What other plug-ins and additions would you recommend to general MyBB forum owners?
Believe me, MyBB 1.6.5 is packed with anti spam features. Smile
plus convert to reCaptcha and disable the built-in one
I like the Registration Security Question Plugin. It works great for me.
I turned off recaptcha and added the challenge question plugin. I use the stopforumspam plugin. I use the plugin that emails me notification of new members, so I can check them out and see what's what. I also use the plugin to get notified of every new post and thread, so I can quickly see if spam is going up. I have a very low traffic forum, though.
(2011-09-21, 07:42 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]I turned off recaptcha and added the challenge question plugin. I use the stopforumspam plugin. I use the plugin that emails me notification of new members, so I can check them out and see what's what. I also use the plugin to get notified of every new post and thread, so I can quickly see if spam is going up. I have a very low traffic forum, though.

Was about to say if you ever get over 10-20 registrations/day and 50+ posts a day that's never going to work Toungue.
(2011-09-21, 05:53 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I like the Registration Security Question Plugin. It works great for me.

This.
custom security question will do the job.
No, it isn't. As always, it will be released when it's ready.

Malcolm was just saying that 1.6.5 will include many anti-spam features.
Pages: 1 2