MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Delete/Ban feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have more spammers than members. It looks bad to have a member list where most of the people are banned. So I delete these members and ban the IP address. Having done this a lot, I have some ideas about an interface to make banning easier.

What I'm thinking is a unified interface. From the same page the admin could set and/or pick certain functions. They would be.

1. The ban user dropdown selector like the one already there.
2. The choice to ban only the join IP address, or all IP addresses for that user.
3. Ban email entry window
4. The choice to delete all the users messages.
5. Clear the user profile of contact links, personal info, notifications, etc.
6. A choice to delete the member. Along with the option to email the admin a copy of the user name, IPs, email address, and reason for ban/deletion. And if it is not too difficult, a list of other users with the same ips.

BTW, I think MyBB is the best free choice out there. I appreciate all the hard work you folks do on this. I'm just floating this idea in case it appeals to any of the developers.

This sounds great.
Add this to the member_profile_adminoptions
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$admin_dir}/index.php?module=config-banning&filter={$memprofile['lastip']}" target="_blank">Ban IP</a></li>

This will let you quickly access the ban by IP function.