MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WordBB Integration Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I got WordBB up and running on my blog, and it is working extremely well in a general sense, and its pretty much exactly how I want it to run with a few exceptions.

1. The person posting on the blog, is not always the default poster, and I want the person on the site to get the credit in the forum. Is there any way to do that?

2. I have it set up so that WordBB is the Comment system for wordpress, and all the forum posts are comments on the blog. However, when someone quotes someone else on the forum, it shows up on the blog as a bunch of mycode...not good.

Is there anyway around these two issues?
1.- I think there is a solution, in this forum or googling it.

2.- I use a mcode plugin for wordpress, then add my own bbcode that eliminates that make the quotes to break.
(2011-09-22, 09:38 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]1.- I think there is a solution, in this forum or googling it.

2.- I use a mcode plugin for wordpress, then add my own bbcode that eliminates that make the quotes to break.

I have been searching the last three days with not much help, but I will search here.

as for number 2, I looked for mcode but don't see anything, could you elaborate on the process?
I use this plugin:
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gor...de-plugin/

Open gorzek-bbcode.php, find:
	"/\[quote\](.*?)\[\/quote\]/is" => "<blockquote>$1</blockquote>",

Add after:
	"/\[quote=(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/quote\]/is" => "<blockquote>$2</blockquote>",

Find:
	"/\[quote\](.*?)\[\/quote\]/is" => "$1",

Add after:
	"/\[quote=(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/quote\]/is" => "$2",
That worked quite well, thank you Big Grin