MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My idea is to stop users from reporting the same thread multiple times with the same reason. When the popup pops up you can do something like this.

Hey, Jason L. this thread has already been reported for "spam". Would you like to report it anyway?

Then if the link is clicked the usual page will appear and they can report it. This may be a little confusing, sorry.
I like this idea. As long as it could be done so that the post author couldn't find that out then it'd be a decent addition.
great idea Wink

Or could just hide the "REPORT" button once is reported - 2 states like is done with a CLOSED thread.
I think it's been made into a plugin because it was wanted.
in addition it would be good if it could go in to a forum that staff and the reporter could see.
(2011-09-22, 02:02 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]great idea Wink

Or could just hide the "REPORT" button once is reported - 2 states like is done with a CLOSED thread.

(2011-09-22, 05:58 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]in addition it would be good if it could go in to a forum that staff and the reporter could see.

I like both these ideas and hopefully something similar will be implemented.
Agree with you Jason.

Most of the times while i report a topic, i feel the topic might be already reported by someone. But since there is no way to find it, i report it anyway.

Would be a good feature to implement.
Agree, it should be as default.
I've customized report.php accordingly on my forums IMHO its a lot of trouble to go through the logs and sort out multiple reports, few lines of codes, but would be good to see it as default.
(2011-09-22, 12:47 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]I like this idea. As long as it could be done so that the post author couldn't find that out then it'd be a decent addition.
I'm fairly certain you can't report your own posts. Once I post this... hmm, maybe you can.
Pages: 1 2