MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads redirecting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I merged a database into my existing forum.
All plugins got deactivated, which is fine.
I reactivated them.
Things are now in triples! There's three PMs, three "closed" images, three NewPoints displays in the postbit, etc.
Not only that, when I go into a forum section and click any of the threads I get redirected back to the forum section that the thread is in.

How do I fix this?

I've been trying for a day now and nothing seems to work. Well it worked fine for a little bit but something made it happen again and I don't know what it was. I don't remember touching anything in the backend or phpmyadmin.
Well considering the fact that threads have integer IDs, if you merged with another database then you would have duplicate threads.
Why would I have duplicate threads? I buy databases to merge into forums all the time and have never had this problem. The system is smarter than to leave the original IDs. That's why if I am Jerlene on forum1 and Jerlene on forum 2 there will be Jerlene on forum1 and Jerlene_import_1234 on forum2 when they're merged. Threads are the same way.
No idea what you're talking about-- how did you even merge two existing forums together? If you just spliced the databases together you would have duplicate IDs of everything.

If this was an issue from using the MyBB Merger, then you're posting in the wrong forum.
That would be the case if the merge system was actually what caused the problem.

Anyway, NEXT?
Did you even read my post?

Seriously, people like you piss me off.
Likewise. Did you even read my post? It has little to nothing to do with the merge system, more so, it's not the merge system that caused this problem. It happened after I merged two databases together. You see the word "merge" and automatically think I should be posting in the MyBB Merge Support forum? lol Ok.

Again, NEXT?
Right, because I'm certain that merging two boards together is well in the scope of an average installation or instantation of MyBB and certainly warrants being posted here.

I suggested to you the proper board where you will get more accurate responses regarding the system because it most likely IS a problem with it.

The people here are all volunteers, including me. Thanks.
Again, it's not from the Merge System.
The merge system doesn't write any data or make any changes to the source database.
Masayoshi, I think it's best if you stop arguing with the OP and actually try to help them.

Jerlene, the most probable cause is duplicate variables in the templates. As the merge system doesn't even touch the templates system, you are correct in saying it's not an issue with the merge system.

Pages: 1 2