MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpmail error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a probleme with my phpmail it don't send emailes
i tried this test and i reciev a test email work fine
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail
but whene i use forum to send email via user cp i get an error in my admin panel
i tried mass mail to but not sended

note: i recieve the activation email for new user registration but author mailes no recived

please help me

www.ifreenetwork.uni.cc/forum
up
up
up
A lot of email providers blacklist PHP mail from certain hosts. Try using SMTP email.
No!! my forum is on vps not by hosting provider
so i don't have limites
That doesn't matter. The datacenter could be on their blacklist.
SMTP isn't very hard to set up either Smile
but i recieve message time by time

firsy time i registered new user and i reciev the activation email after 3 new user when i check email ssytem liog they have an error sending

this is not from the black list .

the error is
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.
Why can't you just use SMTP?
At very worst, set up a gmail account and use smtp.googlemail.com port 465 to send your email. I know it works - it's how I get around a totally locked-down datacenter (that I locked down, I'm not playing games on someone else's network).
it's not the black list probleme
this is my probleme
(2011-09-23, 10:35 PM)ronaldo24 Wrote: [ -> ]it's not the black list probleme
this is my probleme

That says that there's a problem with the setup in php.ini, the From: header is missing (some servers throw an error on that) or the server was down. Since it worked, it's not the header. (MyBB works with PHP mail, so it's not the program.)

That's why I said to use Gmail - I've used it as an SMTP server for a long time and I've never had it not send an email, whether from my home, a laptop or netbook on the road or a website through PHP's mail() function. It just works.

Set your mail settings (in Settings) to SMTP mail and fill in the boxes (after you have an account). The only thing not evident is the Encryption. Leave it set to no encryption.
Pages: 1 2