MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fuzzy seo converted for MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a "free version" and a "paid version" of this for vbulletin. For a price people can remove the branding link which is the only difference between the two. Some people have reported not even being able to download the mod after they paid for it Dodgy. Anyways, this is a pretty good plugin & I'd love to see it come to mybb.

http://seoforums.org/seo-blog/fuzzy-seo-for-vbulletin/
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthrea...ight=fuzzy

Stick little boxes like this on the Forum Home, Show Thread & Forum Display templates and that's what it does pretty much. (it grabs incoming search terms & inserts them into the boxes, different terms for individual threads, forums etc..)

[Image: fuzzy-seo.png]

[attachment=24199]
So this is meant to be purely informative for the site admin? Or displayed to all visitors? For the informative part, Google Webmaster Tools also lists search terms in a way. And I suppose some independent apache.log analyzer tools do the same.

It's not particularly hard to implement such a plugin - all you have to do is maintain a database table (to store the search terms in) and then analyze the referrer. The downside to this is (if its displayed to all) that it can be abused, the attacker can inject his own terms into the list as the referrer can be faked easily.
It was designed to be public to help boost on page seo. In the admin panel, there are options to remove selected keywords & such.
[Image: fuzzyban.png]
The css styling is designed to help boost the keyword value as well

<style type="text/css">
#wgo_events div.inner *{background:none;display:inline;border:none;color:black;padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;-webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px;-webkit-border-top-left-radius:0px;-webkit-box-shadow: none;font-weight:normal;}
#wgo_events div.inner h2{font-size: 130%;font-weight: bold;}
#wgo_events div.inner h3{font-size: 120%;font-weight: bold;}
#wgo_events div.inner h4{font-size: 120%;}
#wgo_events div.inner h5{font-size: 110%;}
#wgo_events div.inner strong{font-size: 100%;}
#wgo_events a.seoq{margin:5px 0px 0px 20px;}
</style>
I'm working currently on a plugin similar to this.
Thanks I uploaded it to mybb/inc/plugins folder since there was no documentation included and only a single php file in the package.. There is nothing in the plugin admin cp area or new boxes anywhere on the forum.
There isn't anything in the Admin CP plugin area? Hm, are you sure you uploaded it to the right place?
@PJGIH, Any plan on creating a separate support thread for your plugin?
Hi, I listed where I put it, only you can tell me if it's "in the right place" and no, there is nothing in the admin cp plugin area for this mod.

mybbinstallfolder/inc/plugins

(2011-09-27, 01:36 AM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't anything in the Admin CP plugin area? Hm, are you sure you uploaded it to the right place?

Pages: 1 2