MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dreamweaver path to template sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, pretty new to MyBB, previous phpBB user. Very happy with the switch. The only issue I have is there doesn't appear to be a way to have an ftp path to MyBB template sets. I have searched every folder on my remote server as well as downloading the entire board from my server through Dreamweaver, still no dice.

Wondering if there is a way to set up an ftp path in Dreamweaver to the directory in which the templates are stored on my server because it would make my life a lot easier and would also allow me to test locally before I upload. I see that everything is cached within the acp. Is there a way to link to it directly?

ThanksBig Grin
Templates are stored in the database.
may be its better to have a local installation of myBB (in your computer) to experiment with it ...
Doubling the work is not what I have in mind, in Dreamweaver you are able to set up a testing environment with the files on your server so there's no need to have two different directories with the same files.

I have found a siteground article on setting up an ftp path with a database and Dreamweaver if anyone is interested....

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/drea..._mysql.htm
^ okay; not sure that using DreamWeaver eases your work with the templates !!
That won't help if the MySQL server doesn't allow remote access (E.g. localhost).
The tut worked for meBig Grin I have the my database dynamically linked to Dreamweaver with ftp, so the article is legit. I use Aplus.net . Thanks for the replies guys!