MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Getting Started with Domain, Hosting, Etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have domain names and hosting - and need help proceeding from there. Getting replies from my host can take hours and it's much faster here because you're all so willing and able. Smile

I pointed a couple domain names from my registrar (NameCheap) to my host (GeekStorage). So now GeekStorage shows up at each of these domains. I assume this is normal. Right? And now I should be able to one-click install the latest MyBB from Softaculous in cPanel. Right?

Thanks for your help.
You've answered your own questions. Smile
Hey that's great.... lol. Thanks again.

(2011-09-23, 08:04 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]You've answered your own questions. Smile

It seems the one-click Softaculous install has proved to be too difficult for me. My site doesn't come up in any browser. I have submitted a request to my host for help.
One click installs are bad anyways. Take a look at the wiki and you can do it yourself.
I really had not questioned whether I could install per the wiki. I had looked at that wiki a few times before, but don't recall reading before now of anything "bad" with the one click install - and so I chose to install MyBB this easier and faster way.

And as it turned out there was no problem with my one click install of MyBB. My host "GeekStorage" informed me that their site was coming up because that's where I had my domain pointed. And so this was a simple fix through NameCheap to point the domain correctly to my site. A simple newbie mistake - that the printed instructions by GeekStorage failed to prevent.

(2011-09-24, 11:27 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]One click installs are bad anyways. Take a look at the wiki and you can do it yourself.