MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fixed bar at bottom of every page that has the navigation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen this before and I would like to add it to my site... I've seen it done with the navigation and even the user control panel on some themes. Basically it's a bar that's fixed at the bottom of every page that stays put whether you're scrolling down or not, it just follows. My guess is that this is done with Javascript but I'm unsure and even unsure of what to search in order to figure out how to get this done. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'll try to find an example so it's easier for everyone to understand what I'm asking.
like the cometchat bar? You should be able to use css to position it.
(2011-09-23, 10:45 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]like the cometchat bar? You should be able to use css to position it.

Yeah, like the cometchat bar, just with the navigation instead of the chat script.

Okay, so CSS can be used, but would you happen to know how? Or what I'd search to find a tutorial?
Have you tried this?
position: fixed;
bottom: 0px;
(2011-09-23, 10:51 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried this?

If you are going to make it overlap everyting you will also need to add:

z-index: 999999;
Hm, I just tried that... I think it's going to take a lot more then that.

Edit: Let me try with Jason's addition.

Edit #2: That seems to be working, but how do I go about centering it? I have this so far but it won't center.

.navf {
        z-index: 999999;
        background:#000000;
        color:#fff;
        width:85%;
        height:20px;
        margin:0;
        padding:0;
        text-align:center;
}