MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please DELETE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-09-25, 05:31 AM)The Last Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful design!!!!!!!

Thank you Smile
Good:

- I like the BMW image in your header, it's subtle but interesting.
- You've clearly put a lot of thought into how to divide the sections of the forum.
- Your theme is fit for purpose, it's not too garish.
- Your TLD is pretty good and with the right SEO you could really generate some traffic.

Bad:

- You have too many forums for starting off with, you could do with removing all sub-forums for starters and waiting until the parent forums have got a lot of content before sectioning off sub-forums.
- You have a live chat feature, this is always terrible on forums.
- Your favicon is completely and irrelevant.
- I'm not crazy about your forum icons, blue folders doesn't fit the BMW genre.
- I think the Discussion by Model section should be top of the forum, I think it will get the most discussion.
- Get rid of the BMW News section, posts generated by an RSS feed are misleading, boring and do not drive discussion. In my experience all it does is drive traffic away from your forum.

It might look like there's a lot of bad points there, but most of them are small niggly things, only really the chat and RSS things are really really bad.

Rating: 5/10

Needs some work, has potential. Good luck. Smile
(2011-09-25, 09:55 AM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Good:

- I like the BMW image in your header, it's subtle but interesting.
- You've clearly put a lot of thought into how to divide the sections of the forum.
- Your theme is fit for purpose, it's not too garish.
- Your TLD is pretty good and with the right SEO you could really generate some traffic.

Bad:

- You have too many forums for starting off with, you could do with removing all sub-forums for starters and waiting until the parent forums have got a lot of content before sectioning off sub-forums.
- You have a live chat feature, this is always terrible on forums.
- Your favicon is completely and irrelevant.
- I'm not crazy about your forum icons, blue folders doesn't fit the BMW genre.
- I think the Discussion by Model section should be top of the forum, I think it will get the most discussion.
- Get rid of the BMW News section, posts generated by an RSS feed are misleading, boring and do not drive discussion. In my experience all it does is drive traffic away from your forum.

It might look like there's a lot of bad points there, but most of them are small niggly things, only really the chat and RSS things are really really bad.

Rating: 5/10

Needs some work, has potential. Good luck. Smile

That's quite the review you gave me there. Much appreciated.
I am most likely going to take to heart the part about shrinking the sections. As far as the SEO goes, every page is already listed in Google along with good listings in other engines.
I am a little confused about your comments about the blue folders and the favicon which is blue and white. Blue and white go hand and hand with BMW as it is the most recognizable feature of a BMW besides the kidney grills.
Thanks again for your comments and suggestions...
(2011-09-25, 10:06 AM)aglinx Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite the review you gave me there. Much appreciated.
I am most likely going to take to heart the part about shrinking the sections. As far as the SEO goes, every page is already listed in Google along with good listings in other engines.
I am a little confused about your comments about the blue folders and the favicon which is blue and white. Blue and white go hand and hand with BMW as it is the most recognizable feature of a BMW besides the kidney grills.

OH I SEE. I think because the favicon is square I just didn't make the connection. Perhaps a a circle one would be better? At first glance it looked like a default favicon from a hosting provider.

I take back the bit about the favicon, it was clearly me being think.
(2011-09-25, 10:11 AM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-25, 10:06 AM)aglinx Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite the review you gave me there. Much appreciated.

OH I SEE. I think because the favicon is square I just didn't make the connection. Perhaps a a circle one would be better? At first glance it looked like a default favicon from a hosting provider.

I take back the bit about the favicon, it was clearly me being think.

Not a problem haha. I don't use a circle because I do not want to get into a issue with BMW as they are pretty particular about their "Roundel" (BMW logo)...
(2011-09-24, 09:24 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should get rid of "BMW forums by Region" section (and all forums underneath it).
I'm not sure how successful your website might be, considering most "car forums" focus on specific ones (Mustangs, 350z's, 370z's, Camaro's, etc. - and might be hard to target such a large audience all at once. )

I don't think it would be wise to get rid of those sections being that google already has them indexed.
Pages: 1 2