MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging only the users from phpBB3 to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I'm part of a team of developers who have had some structural changes recently. They originally chose one name for their team focused on a project they were working on, but they have decided to discontinue that project. However they wish to retain the community they had (about 170 members).

After getting tired of putting up with phpBB3's lousy interface & crappy backup system, I decided to switch to myBB. So I set them up, got them a nice theme installed and branded it with their studio.

I've heard about full forum migrations, from phpBB3 to myBB. But I'm wondering if there is a method to ONLY migrate the user accounts? Or only certain user accounts (as some have already registered with the new forum)

I don't want to migrate forums, threads or any configuration settings, just the users.

If anyone has insight, it would be incredibly appreciated Smile
You can use the merge system, but just run the users module. Smile
You'll have to run the prerequisites to it as well. Which means database configuration, and usergroups.
[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)