MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good cheap Windows Server hosting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-09-25, 07:02 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]@Mark: any clouds you recommend?

* Alex Smith is not mark but... recommends gigenet cloud

Although cloud will on average be more expensive than a vps and if you're doing a lot of reading and writing to the hard-drive a vps will probably work better aswell.
Reputable hosts that provide Windows Hosting are:

1) JaguarPC
2) SolarVPS
3) EuroVPS

You can search for reviews at WHT. Greatly recommend these hosts.
I was going to recommend Omnis, but they've gone entirely to cloud. Still, its $10.95/mo US for a 3mo contract plan...
(2011-09-25, 08:51 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You've done a right job asking.

I have a VPS from one company running since past 5 months, non stop without any problems. Only 11$/month, 1 GB Ram, 50 GB HDD, and 1 TB Bandwidth/mo, pretty much similar to your specs.

www.reloadin.com

You won't regret, am not advertiser or their or someone, but I use their VPS for personal things and testing, and am satisfied. Smile

Thats only linux, i need a windows Server VPS Wink

(2011-09-25, 03:49 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to recommend Omnis, but they've gone entirely to cloud. Still, its $10.95/mo US for a 3mo contract plan...

They are really only ASP.net hosts, i need access to the actual windows GUI Smile So i need Windows Server 2003/2008 Standard Smile

(2011-09-25, 02:42 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Reputable hosts that provide Windows Hosting are:

1) JaguarPC
2) SolarVPS
3) EuroVPS

All of those are either too expensive (SolarVPS = $42.50 for 728mb RAM!), or dont have enough hard disk space Toungue

I need lots of DISK IO. Put it this way, the Porject I'm doing is a search engine, along with crawler, Pagerank calculator... everything...

I currently crawls about 100 links/minute (with a decent net uplink), and may peak at 200links/minute. Each links gets added to the database, with relevant information, it also records backlinks so there can be a Google Webmaster style "Who links to this page". There is also a table for keywords, an attempy to reduce query times to the end user.

I'm still running benchmarks but this thing could quite easily consume hundreds of gig of bandwidth (100links found * 60 mins * 24 hours * 30days /10links per page * 4kb per page = 1678mb of bandwidth minimum Toungue, without any actual end user quries for the search page) and a fair load of hard disk space (100*60*24*30 = ~4 million links a month, accounting for 250k repeated links, every 100 records take 46KiB of diskspace, so about 2GB/month) Toungue

And this is all based on a single threaded, single instance application, without any PageRank calculations. I'm planning on running multiple instances of the application too Big Grin
(2011-09-25, 07:02 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Linux/mono is out of the question, as I need it testing inside windows server for the project :/

@Mark: any clouds you recommend?

Rackspace is well known.
Amazon is well... Amazon.
KuJoe spoke greatly of Giganet.

Compare prices.
Cloud is too expensive Big Grin
(2011-09-25, 04:16 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-25, 02:42 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Reputable hosts that provide Windows Hosting are:

1) JaguarPC
2) SolarVPS
3) EuroVPS

All of those are either too expensive (SolarVPS = $42.50 for 728mb RAM!), or dont have enough hard disk space Toungue

I need lots of DISK IO. Put it this way, the Porject I'm doing is a search engine, along with crawler, Pagerank calculator... everything...

I currently crawls about 100 links/minute (with a decent net uplink), and may peak at 200links/minute. Each links gets added to the database, with relevant information, it also records backlinks so there can be a Google Webmaster style "Who links to this page". There is also a table for keywords, an attempy to reduce query times to the end user.

I'm still running benchmarks but this thing could quite easily consume hundreds of gig of bandwidth (100links found * 60 mins * 24 hours * 30days /10links per page * 4kb per page = 1678mb of bandwidth minimum Toungue, without any actual end user quries for the search page) and a fair load of hard disk space (100*60*24*30 = ~4 million links a month, accounting for 250k repeated links, every 100 records take 46KiB of diskspace, so about 2GB/month) Toungue

And this is all based on a single threaded, single instance application, without any PageRank calculations. I'm planning on running multiple instances of the application too Big Grin

In the hosting industry, remember the clause 'you get what you pay for'. If you choose to be cheap then expect the equivalent with up-time and support. And afaik, they're not too expensive or lacking in disk space. Pretty much the current industry standard. Try making a similar thread at WHT and you'll know what I mean.

Also, if you're building a search engine then I suggest that you read the TOS of the hosts first. Most will not allow. Anyway, good luck on your search.

If you need good I/O do not go anywhere near Amazon.
Quote:Thats only linux, i need a windows Server VPS Wink

You don't give much strain to eyes, do you?

https://clients.reloadin.com/cart.php?gid=16

Budget Windows 2 VPS (11 Available) Wrote:CPU: 1.5GHZ

Dedicated RAM: 1GB

Disk Space: 50GB

Bandwidth: 1000GB/MONTH

DDOS Protection: TOP LAYER NETWORKS

2 Free Ip Address

Guaranteed 99.99% Uptime
(2011-09-25, 06:27 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Thats only linux, i need a windows Server VPS Wink

You don't give much strain to eyes, do you?

https://clients.reloadin.com/cart.php?gid=16

Budget Windows 2 VPS (11 Available) Wrote:CPU: 1.5GHZ

Dedicated RAM: 1GB

Disk Space: 50GB

Bandwidth: 1000GB/MONTH

DDOS Protection: TOP LAYER NETWORKS

2 Free Ip Address

Guaranteed 99.99% Uptime

Nope Toungue I saw this: http://reloadin.com/category/hosting/vir...te-server/

Big Grin I cant seem to find many good reviews at all for reload in Confused

Why on earth would a VPS host not allow a crawler?
Pages: 1 2 3