MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem accessing misc.php?action=anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello there, dear MyBB Community.
I have an issue with my MyBB forum and I would like to see if I can get support.
Every time I try to view any URL in my forum that is located at misc.php?action=SOMETHING, I get a No Permissions error page. It happens with the Help page, and with a plugin that uses misc.php to display the past usernames of the users. I have had this problem for quite a time, is there any way I can fix this?

I checked the permissions for my usergroup (admin), and I can't find anything that would let me access those pages again. Also, as a note, any page created with the plugin Pagemanager, that uses misc.php?page=SOMETHING instead that misc.php?action=SOMETHING, works fine.
Example.

If you need any other information, I'll be glad to give it to you. I add a screenshot of the error page although it's the common MyBB No Permissions error page.
What does the File Verification tool say?
Admin CP->Tools->File Verification
http://forum.6thfloor.org/misc.php?action=help works fine for me as a guest. Are other membergroups experiencing the same thing?
My guess is a bad plugin hooking into misc_start or misc_end.
Thanks to all of you for your answers

(2011-09-24, 11:01 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]What does the File Verification tool say?
Admin CP->Tools->File Verification

It says "Congratulations! No corrupt files have been found on your installation."

(2011-09-24, 11:03 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.6thfloor.org/misc.php?action=help works fine for me as a guest. Are other membergroups experiencing the same thing?

It seems that all the groups but Guests are having the problems. I tested with an admin account and a "registered" user.

(2011-09-24, 11:06 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is a bad plugin hooking into misc_start or misc_end.

There are two queries using misc_start. One updates mybb_sessions and the other one selects the "error_nopermission_loggedin" message. Is any of them causing the problem? I have little knowledge on queries and hooks, sorry.
I don't have access to the file. If you could upload the plugin file as an attachment, assuming it is a free attachment, we would be able to look at the code for you.
Which file? misc.php?
The plugin file.
Review all your plugins in the inc/plugins/ folder and look for any hooking into the misc page. Disable each one until you find the one causing the problem. Oh and upload misc.php again just in case.