MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 100 Guests!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boy, you'd better brace for a spam attack if those bots are real Toungue
(2011-09-25, 04:44 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]I think that they're spambots trying to get into your forum...
Since MyBB community is full of spambots (proof: once you create a thread you see the number of views growing hilariously)

Proof 2: scroll down the page and see how many guests are browsing this thread RIGHT NOW! don't tell me that 50+ real unregistered people are all on this thread :o

You've posted a link to your website somewhere on this forum and that's why you're getting that huge number of spambot visits...

Seems to be believeable. Server seems to be down for me now.
Are there common octets in all of the connecting IPs? E.g. aaa.aaa.aaa.bbb, aaa.aaa.aaa.ccc, aaa.aaa.aaa.ddd, etc.
(2011-09-25, 05:02 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Are there common octets in all of the connecting IPs? E.g. aaa.aaa.aaa.bbb, aaa.aaa.aaa.ccc, aaa.aaa.aaa.ddd, etc.

Only a few.
(2011-09-25, 05:10 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-25, 05:02 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Are there common octets in all of the connecting IPs? E.g. aaa.aaa.aaa.bbb, aaa.aaa.aaa.ccc, aaa.aaa.aaa.ddd, etc.

Only a few.

Are there any results for some of the IPs at www.stopforumspam.com or www.projecthoneypot.com ?
@Jason: Are you using twitter or any plugin that tweets your website's pages ?
(2011-09-25, 05:20 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]@Jason: Are you using twitter or any plugin that tweets your website's pages ?

Nope. All gone now.
and its starting again..
Their IP's come up in stopforumspam's db.
(2011-09-25, 05:58 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-25, 05:20 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]@Jason: Are you using twitter or any plugin that tweets your website's pages ?

Nope. All gone now.
and its starting again..
Their IP's come up in stopforumspam's db.

Go to http://www.wizcrafts.net/chinese-blocklist.html and start enlarging your .htaccess file. (And sign up for update notifications.) It's all free, and it cleaned up one of my servers in a few minutes.
Pages: 1 2