MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force make thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to force new users to make an introduction in the introduce yourself forum.
I don't want to use the promotion system as I don't use or want to use post count on introduction forum.

Is there, or can someone make a plugin to help me with this ?
That's view, I want them to "create" one.
Damn! You would need a rather Custom plugin I guess. You may request someone (you're welcome to hire me) to make it for you.
Nickman has a "Must Post" plugin that does just this but his site is currently down.
(2011-09-25, 05:44 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Nickman has a "Must Post" plugin that does just this but his site is currently down.

Yeah bandwidth exceeded, I tried to look on there.
Couldn't find the plugin you mention though.
i can get you a link for the plugin but not sure if it allowed as its pay points to download and if i give the file then i would be bypassing this
EDIT: maybe i cant lol can no longer find it in my plugin folder Sad
You can do this without a mod. Put the user in a usergroup that can't view anything except the introduction board. After one post, set it so they're upgraded to the "normal" usergroup. Problem solved. Oh and it wouldn't hurt to have an automated pm system pm them when the register so they know what's going on.

(2011-09-25, 04:44 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I want to force new users to make an introduction in the introduce yourself forum.
I don't want to use the promotion system as I don't use or want to use post count on introduction forum.

(2011-09-27, 02:32 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this without a mod. Put the user in a usergroup that can't view anything except the introduction board. After one post, set it so they're upgraded to the "normal" usergroup. Problem solved. Oh and it wouldn't hurt to have an automated pm system pm them when the register so they know what's going on.

(2011-09-25, 04:44 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I want to force new users to make an introduction in the introduce yourself forum.

Can't as I won't have introduction increase post count.