MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i add security to my site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please i want to secure my site from DDOS bootres or ip flooders but i dont know how. Any solutions?
This would all have to be done serverside. Unless you have a VPS/ded it's up to your host.
Contact your host. It's too tedious and unreliable to do it from site level.
Cloudflare is a decent free way to add a layer of protection. It can help against some form of attacks plus it's FREE. So you can't get a better deal than that. Setup is easy too.
Another layer of protection is to ban known bad IP addresses. See http://www.wizcrafts.net/chinese-blocklist.html for one list - the site has other (a lot of other) lists.
(2011-09-25, 11:37 PM)Rukbat Wrote: [ -> ]Another layer of protection is to ban known bad IP addresses. See http://www.wizcrafts.net/chinese-blocklist.html for one list - the site has other (a lot of other) lists.
lots of bad ip address sound!
(2011-09-25, 06:38 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is a decent free way to add a layer of protection. It can help against some form of attacks plus it's FREE. So you can't get a better deal than that. Setup is easy too.

While CloudFlare can help mitigate some attacks - not all - you could also put some rules in your CloudFlare threat control panel to *block* traffic from certain countries (visitors would see a challenge page from these regions that they would have to pass) & you can also put some rules in .htacess if you *really, really* want to block by country.

(2011-09-30, 03:35 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-25, 06:38 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is a decent free way to add a layer of protection. It can help against some form of attacks plus it's FREE. So you can't get a better deal than that. Setup is easy too.

While CloudFlare can help mitigate some attacks - not all - you could also put some rules in your CloudFlare threat control panel to *block* traffic from certain countries (visitors would see a challenge page from these regions that they would have to pass) & you can also put some rules in .htacess if you *really, really* want to block by country.

Exactly. Everyone should block China and Russia unless they are specifically targeting those regions. I have a couple dozen countries blocked. And CF makes it simple.