MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too Many Images. (empty post window)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't know if I should file this under the Bugs forum or here in the Feedback forum.

Currently, my board is set-up with a limit of 10 images maximum per post. So I tested by adding more than 10 smilies to my post under a Registered User account. I previewed the post, and everything seemed to preview OK, no error messages. (I think this should be 'fixed' somehow so the user gets an error message when they preview their posts).

Thinking everything was fine, I attempted to submit the new post. MyBB gave me the Too Many Images error, but the kicker is that my text input window went empty. Unless I knew to backspace, I would have lost everything I wrote up to that point. MyBB should re-fill in my post when I get the error.

I tried it under Safari and Firefox on MacOSX 10.4.7 if that's any help to the developers. Same problem.

PS. It seems the admin can post more than the maximum image limit in their posts. That's a good thing, I think.
I believe this has all been fixed in MyBB 1.2
HDwf Wrote:but the kicker is that my text input window went empty. Unless I knew to backspace, I would have lost everything I wrote up to that point. MyBB should re-fill in my post when I get the error.

That's a problem with browser caching. If the board pages are not cached, when you go back, the page will be reloaded from the server, and thus everything will be wiped. (I think that's the problem).

IPB (if my memory serves me correctly) gets around this by giving you what you posted in a textbox on the error page to be copied and pasted when you go back.