MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very Secure Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,
Hope my post finds you well.

Actually I want to create a hidden section. This can be done simply since its an option in mybb code.
What I want exactly is as the following: If X person can view this section with IP 1.2.3.4
Then same X person entered with different IP 5.6.7.8 then the forum must block him to view the section or notify me as an admin about X person is using different IP.
In other words, If I allow X person to view this section, then simply this person can share his account with some members and thus they can view it. I want to allow only him by three things: UN_PW_IP.

In general, I want to create a Very secure section for few members of my forum.
Any suggestion or solution will be highly appreciated.
Payed plugin for such thing is also accepted.

Best regards,
TP.

What if a user has a dynamic IP?
Dynamic means how many IP's?
If he gave me 3 different IP's that belong to his (SAME) area then I can attach this 3 IP's to his account.

If my idea is wrong Blush, Then suggest me the best way to make secure section.

Best regards.

Dynamic means the IP can change randomly at any moment on the ISP's whim.
Thanks for reply......

So whats the best way to carry out this thing?

Thanks in advance.
You definitely wouldn't do it IP based.
Why would you want to do this in the first place? Maybe we can suggest alternatives..
Make a group of those people who you want to add to the secure section. Then edit the forum options so only those groups can see, posts, reply
Thanks for reply....
And these Group members simply can share there accounts with another people.

Best regards Smile
(2011-09-25, 09:03 PM)testpoint Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reply....
And these Group members simply can share there accounts with another people.

Best regards Smile

If you're making a secure section, then I think those people must be trustworthy Wink
You do it the same way you do a ban (but I don't know if MyBB can do it with the current code) - you mask the IP. What's masking?

Say the user has an IP address of 1.2.3.4, and is on a class C (8 bit) segment. He can get any IP address from 1.2.3.1 to 1.2.3.254. So you set his IP address to 1.2.3.*. (0 and 255 will never show up, unless the entire IPv4 system is modified - which would break the entire internet.)

But his neighbor who uses the same provider, can also get in with that IP mask, since there are 254 people who will be getting an IP of 1.2.3."something between 1 and 254".

Whether that should be implemented in MyBB, or it can be implemented in a plugin, or whether MyBB can do it now are things I can't address, since I don't know the second and third ones, and the first one is something for the development team to decide.