MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can not import database into host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've been trying to import a database into PHPMyadmin for my MyBB forums.

This is what I did:

I went to the PHPMyAdmin page from the host I am moving from. Went to Export, checked 'Custom' and selected the database I want to export. Left all of the bottom export options as default and then clicked 'Go'. Exported as 'localhost.sql'.

I saved all of the files for the forum and moved it to the new host.

Then I went to the config and only changed the username and password to the new host.

I then imported the localhost.sql file to the new PHPMyAdmin page.

And each time I try I get this.

SQL query:

--
-- Database: `zax_forum_db`
--
CREATE DATABASE  `zax_forum_db` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

MySQL said: 

#1044 - Access denied for user 'buildworx'@'localhost' to database 'zax_forum_db' 

buildworx is the username. zax_forum_db is the db name.

How can I get this to work?
Call the hosting company's tech support number. It looks like a phpMyAdmin config problem. It definitely has nothing to do with MyBB, though.
^ I know, but I did I do anything wrong?
No way to tell. You did what you should have done, so you probably didn't do anything wrong, but I'd need access to the server to see exactly what the problem is - and I'm not your host's tech support. If you can't get them to help you with such a trivial thing (trivial for them, not for you), you should start thinking about switching hosts.