MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converted from phpBB3 - some users missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Converted from: phpBB3 version: 3.0.6

I'm having the same problem as the person in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-82937.html

There were no errors while converting, and the merge/logs folder has no files in it. I have no error logs or anything I can give you guys apart from screenshots.

Relevant screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/8P1Y6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dO3cW.jpg

There are 2 missing users that I'm aware of so far... there may be more though, I don't know. Their posts show up as if made by "Guest". I can't find these users by searching for their username using the board search function either.

They were not deleted in phpBB, and I can't think of anything notable about them that might make them be skipped.

Post-merge MyBB stats:
Our members have made a total of 418,269 posts in 21,873 threads.
We currently have 4,338 members registered.

Pre-merge phpBB3 stats:
Total posts 396462 | Total topics 21918 | Total members 4161

^ I know the post counts are off because some forums on phpBB3 were set to not count posts and I haven't changed that on the MyBB one yet, so that's OK. But I am curious about why I might have more users on MyBB than I had on phpBB, yet some of them are missing?

I still have all the temporary data in the database...

import_uid on the affected threads does indeed contain the user's old phpBB3 user ID. I don't see any kind of import_uid thing in mybb_posts though... Could anyone suggest a relatively quick way to re-convert only the missing users and assign them as the posters of their threads? Or have any other idea how to fix this?
You can only do this manually, unless someone writes you a custom script. The import_uid for posts is in the posts_trackers table. Also, you can try searching for the matching import_uid in the database users table to see what shows up. Otherwise, PM me with db logins for both forums.
Thanks, I might just have to do that. Both forums are currently running on a VirtualBox on my own PC, because I didn't want to run the conversion on the host, so I don't know how you'll be able to login from over there.

I noticed something interesting though, I decided to re-run the merge as a test and keep a close eye on it (made a backup first of course), and while it was converting users I saw it flashed a message that said something like "Merging user #number with user #number". On my phpBB3 forum, I had it set up so that members could actually use the same email address with more than one account, could this be the problem?
(2011-09-26, 03:37 PM)SoulRiser Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I might just have to do that. Both forums are currently running on a VirtualBox on my own PC, because I didn't want to run the conversion on the host, so I don't know how you'll be able to login from over there.

I noticed something interesting though, I decided to re-run the merge as a test and keep a close eye on it (made a backup first of course), and while it was converting users I saw it flashed a message that said something like "Merging user #number with user #number". On my phpBB3 forum, I had it set up so that members could actually use the same email address with more than one account, could this be the problem?

It very likely is. But as I understood it (that part of the system is before my time) it should only merge them if they have the same username AND email... not just the same email.
Oh, and it should merge their posts and such to the new ID too...
Oddly, after redoing the merge (without changing anything), now I'm not noticing any missing users. So I guess it wasn't the duplicate checker thing... and I'll probably never know what caused it... Confused

Thanks for the help though. Smile
Sure thing Smile