MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tekkwire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tekkwire is an Upcoming board with no real direction just yet, you can visit it right now by going to http://tekkwire.tk/forum/index.php right now the board description is literally "A free public forum for you programmers, gamers, movie goers, or helpful people to congregate." im trying to kick start this forum and go by the community's opinions on what they think the general topic of this forum should be, also you can get free advertizing on my forum by going to this thread and following the few rules. Also i am looking for a new template that would help attract people more to the site preferably one that is free and supports the Forum Affiliates plugin. Please join now if you are a programmer, a gamer, a movie/tv aficionado, or just love to help out! help this forum grow and prosper and please use the wibiya bar at the bottom of the page to share this site with your friends! Thank you!
If you have no direction, your forum won't go far. (And don't paradox the "Our direction is having none" thingy.)

My helpful advice, is to find a direction. Built a loyal small userbase. Offering free things does help, you are on the right track there.

After a while, (And as soon as you can) consider spending 10 dollars on a domain. It really will help.

Also, consider customizing Apart just a little. I like the addition of the toolbar, but try to add something else, that just makes your forum a little more unique.

Have fun, and good luck!
Good lucky for you sites
Just another forum that wants to own a forum "just cause".
No real direction, probably won't go anywhere.
(2011-09-26, 08:19 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Just another forum that wants to own a forum "just case".
No real direction, probably won't go anywhere.

No i didn't want to own a forum "just incase" i wanted to make a forum so i could have help with future projects but also give other people a place to go for help later on like this forum its a data bank for mybb help mine on the other hand i haven't quite decided what i want it to be yet, weather it be Gaming, Scripting, News, Entertainment, right now im trying to work out with mods and friends what they think it should be and if possible a community to help me with the problems im having at launch.
(2011-09-26, 05:06 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]If you have no direction, your forum won't go far. (And don't paradox the "Our direction is having none" thingy.)

My helpful advice, is to find a direction. Built a loyal small user base. Offering free things does help, you are on the right track there.

After a while, (And as soon as you can) consider spending 10 dollars on a domain. It really will help.

Also, consider customizing Apart just a little. I like the addition of the toolbar, but try to add something else, that just makes your forum a little more unique.

Have fun, and good luck!

Thank You, you are very helpful!
Good:

- Nice clean theme that just needs a bit of customisation.

Bad:

- The awful toolbar is really bad.
- Logo is bland/plain/generic.
- Too many forums to be starting off with.
- This could be any 'general' forum on the internet, there doesn't seem to be a point to having it, needs some purpose.
- No TLD.

Rating: 3/10

Potential, needs some work and some TLC. Good luck Smile
(2011-09-26, 09:18 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Good:

- Nice clean theme that just needs a bit of customisation.

Bad:

- The awful toolbar is really bad.
- Logo is bland/plain/generic.
- Too many forums to be starting off with.
- This could be any 'general' forum on the internet, there doesn't seem to be a point to having it, needs some purpose.
- No TLD.

Rating: 3/10

Potential, needs some work and some TLC. Good luck Smile

Thanks!
Thank you, for taking my feedback like a man.
(2011-09-26, 09:57 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, for taking my feedback like a man.

Hey anything helps you said what you didn't like and that helps me because i can take those and try to make the site better, so Thank You for your feedback
also
I'm thinking about making the site a mix of gaming, electronics (Smartphones, iPods, Televisions, etc.) and scripting, the scripting will probably go in an off topic area though what do you think? a little more organized?
You need to focus on a specific topic and not try to widen your audience so much.
You'll also want to choose something that another forum hasn't taken as it'll be much harder for you to compete.

It doesn't make sense to create a general forum where it covers all aspects of Gaming, Smartphones, Television, and Scripting.

Pages: 1 2