MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Table Cells From Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to be able to remove - Threads, Posts, Last Posts, etc information from being shown on all pages (or at the very least the home page). What is the easiest way to remove the table cells from the templates and how do I find all the template pages I will need to change? Thanks if anyone can help.
(2011-09-26, 02:41 AM)Ynot Wrote: [ -> ]I want to be able to remove - Threads, Posts, Last Posts, etc information from being shown on all pages (or at the very least the home page). What is the easiest way to remove the table cells from the templates and how do I find all the template pages I will need to change? Thanks if anyone can help.

look in the ACP templates its usually forum_bit templates i think just have a look through the code should be able to understand it if not sorry i will look later for more details
(2011-09-26, 02:36 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-26, 02:41 AM)Ynot Wrote: [ -> ]I want to be able to remove - Threads, Posts, Last Posts, etc information from being shown on all pages (or at the very least the home page). What is the easiest way to remove the table cells from the templates and how do I find all the template pages I will need to change? Thanks if anyone can help.

look in the ACP templates its usually forum_bit templates i think just have a look through the code should be able to understand it if not sorry i will look later for more details
Thanks. I'm not very experienced with PHP and it seems a bit like “design by committee” to me at this stage. I’m wanting to dramatically change the look of all pages (especially the home page). I guess there’s no short-cuts and I just have to learn PHP to a better degree.

lol. PHP is not necessary.

ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Your theme -> Forumbit templates -> forumbit_depth1_cat.

Find & Remove:
Quote:<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_forum}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></span></td>
</tr>

This will remove the cat from index. But the rows below it, where the actual forum is shown will not be aligned good.
For making it align good, do this.

Open ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Your theme -> Forumbit templates -> forumbit_depth2_forum.

Find:
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top">

Replace with:
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="2" valign="top">

Find:
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>

Replace with:
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}" width="85" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" width="85" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" width="200" valign="top" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>

Now the cat from index is removed. But it will still appear in subforums. To remove that, go to ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Your theme -> Forum Display Templates -> forumdisplay_subforums.

Remove the following:
Quote:<tr>
<td class="tcat" width="2%">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="tcat" width="59%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_forum}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="7%" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="7%" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="15%" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
Excellent help - Thanks
thats a lot more detail than my post Big Grin but i wasnt exactly sure where it all was and was on android. mybb website should have mobile version Toungue
(2011-09-27, 03:13 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]thats a lot more detail than my post Big Grin but i wasnt exactly sure where it all was and was on android. mybb website should have mobile version Toungue

http://mybbgm.com/ Toungue
When I completely replace the table in forumbit_depth1_cat the content gets repeated twice down the page. Why is this so and how to fix it?