MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Considering myBB over phpBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,
I have been looking at MyBB for quite some time to switch from phpBB. First of all, MyBB can convert phpBB 3.0.9? Also, another question is my members do a lot of image uploading. Thing is most aren't tech savy and upload the whole full size image. On phpBB I have a gallery mod setup to resize images larger than 640x480. The reason I do this is not because they're too big to display, but because I have limited space on my server so I'd like to ration it. Is there any mod/plugin for MyBB that anyone would suggest that can resize images like this? It doesn't have to be a gallery, just any image resizer is file.

Thanks!
-Jonah
The merge system supports phpBB 3, yes.

I believe this is the plugin you are looking for; http://mods.mybb.com/view/ezgallery

Thanks, does any of those mods actually resize the image so it's smaller on the server or does it resize them after they are uploaded? My goal is to have the smaller size on the server, so they resize during the upload.
(2011-09-26, 01:50 PM)jsebean Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, does any of those mods actually resize the image so it's smaller on the server or does it resize them after they are uploaded? My goal is to have the smaller size on the server, so they resize during the upload.

This one does, read the description: http://mods.mybb.com/view/image-resizer-&-optimizer
That only resizes them after they're uploaded. I have tried it on my installation of MyBB on Wamp. they're the same size on the server, user clicks them and then it shows full size so it's not really serving the purpose that is my goal. Any other ideas?
- Dynamic resizing and file optimization via GD image library
- Set file width restriction as well as filesize restrictions
- Optimizes JPG, JPEG, GIF and PNG images if any exceed filesize restriction
- Handles most transparent GIF and PNG images
- Animated GIF images are detected and have separate settings
That doesn't affect the image on the server, only the image when it's sent to the browser.
(2011-09-26, 02:52 PM)jsebean Wrote: [ -> ]That only resizes them after they're uploaded. I have tried it on my installation of MyBB on Wamp. they're the same size on the server, user clicks them and then it shows full size so it's not really serving the purpose that is my goal. Any other ideas?

Yeah, thanks for editing your post after I posted. I just assumed that it worked on the server side cause of the description.....
yeah I thought the same thing when I read the description. If such a mod doesn't exist then I may be able to just set limits, or find an external thing like tinypic and put a link to it on my site, i'd just like to host the images myself.
PS I edited that post about 5 seconds after I posted it Toungue
Pages: 1 2