MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not Acceptable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've been using MyBB happily for nearly four years and suddely a problem.

It appeared to be just when there was a % symbol in the post that users were posting, whether they entered it new or it was in quoted text. This struck me as odd as if it was quoted text, someone must have posted with it in! When the text to post has the % we get a 406 HTML error.

When you press the refresh button, MyBB gives the error "Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button." but there is no file being uploaded.

However, when I went to edit a template in admin CP to update a link in the header, I got the same problem. I have not managed to narrow that down to what the exact word or symbol that is causing the problem.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I did some digging on the web and something was mentioned about SecFilterEngine. I noticed that the .htaccess file appeared to be called htaccess.txt. Renamed it and it still does the same thing.

Given that I have not updated MyBB since I went to 1.6 some weeks ago, I'd be surprised if it was something there unless I have mucked up a file. Perhaps someone can give me some clues of things to find out on the webhosting side if that is where the problem is likely to be.

Not sure what else to tell you, but I am sure you'll ask! Any help, as ever, is welcome.

Peter
forum URL & test user account please ...
(2011-09-26, 02:20 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]forum URL & test user account please ...

irseexam.co.uk

Details in PM.

Peter
please see Mod_security (if you have not seen it before)
(2011-09-26, 03:42 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]please see Mod_security (if you have not seen it before)

Further info in PM.

Peter