MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Building a Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Edit:// I'm looking to build a team of people who think outside of the box to make modifications to a MyBB forum. I am interested in turning a MyBB forum into more than a discussion forum and into an immersive world. This is not a MyBB fork. // So, to begin with, I'll start with this:

What's needed: An intermediate/advanced PHP coder. An intermediate/advanced CSS coder. A MyBB expert. (This can be all one person, actually.)

Project Status: Pre-production / Consultation phase.

Is there money involved: Once production begins, a budget might be available.

If you're interested in this, please PM me. I've got very specific ideas in mind and would like to talk about their plausibility, to begin with.
So, you're creating a MyBB fork?
I don't know. I think a lot of the operating code will stay the same. At least, I hope so. I'm thinking and hoping most of the changes will be cosmetic ones. It will still be a MyBB forum.
Are you releasing it after? Or is this just for yourself personally?
I'm not certain anyone else would be interested in it, to be honest! Haha.

However, it could be available for release if people want it.
What do you mean is money involved? This sounds just like forking MyBB, so why would someone join you and not just fork it themselves?
For one, I can't do what I have a vision for on my own.

For another, I'm hoping to find people who have skills and talent and want a creative project to work on.

IF there is no other way to make this happen, I can try and raise up some funds to get components of this project completed.

I want to make a different experience for members and see a lot of potential in MyBB alongside some awesome plugins to create more than a discussion forum. I want to make an immersive world.
I get what you mean.

You have an idea. You need modifications done. No fork or anything. You need help with your forum.
Indeed. I've edited the main post to better communicate the idea.

Thank you for your questions. Hopefully, this will help with locating the right sort of person(s) for this project.
PMed you!
Pages: 1 2