MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why too much bandwidth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum has atleast 6000 members and 23500 posts (0 avatar/attachments uploaded); 17 plugins running; a lightweight template.
Actually, it use 4gb bandwidth per month.

It's normal?
Only 4GB per month? I have one that uses like 4GB per day (some days it could be more.)

But it depends on the actual amount of people you're getting, and how much content your site is providing.

If you have loads of images, downloads (Wallpapers & other small files), it could be just about the same.

So yeah, 4GB sounds beyond reasonable for a monthly basis.
Mine used 44.5 Gig in August...

With 4 Gig only you don't have a lot of traffic I guess... and you shouldn't complain at all...

Google uses more than 1 Tera / hour in USA only.... Big Grin
Yeah this is nothing much to worry about.
BW is cheap. Even with 4GB per month that's nothing to most hosts. I'm using about 2TB a month now to serve HF.

If you want to save BW I suggest Cloudflare. You will see a heavy drop in BW as they cache a lot of material very efficiently.
yes, cloudflare is a great peace of internet thing.. just dont use any javascripts/css preloaders, it might fu*k up your forum like it did to mine
(2011-09-26, 09:46 PM)House123 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, cloudflare is a great peace of internet thing.. just dont use any javascripts/css preloaders, it might fu*k up your forum like it did to mine

You did something wrong then. I'm using it on my 3 largest forums with no side-effects.
That is very normal and not at all large.

My site takes upto 50 GB every month and the rate is increasing by addition of bandwidth consumed every month by 20 GB more. Last month, it was around 30 GB, this month, its 50 as of now. My stats are also pretty similar, 8K users, 24K posts and pretty good number of plugins. It is fine.
My previous Forum with 10k+ posts and 300+ members takes 8+GB per month.
4GB per moth is quite normal.
Well, I read some posts around this forum that say "1gb of bandwidth is enough for thousand posts and users"... not very true so.
The truth is to suggest new mybb admins to have a min 10gb bandwidth.

By the way there are tricks to save some bandwidth (i'm near a hosting plan upgrade)? I'm already seeing cloudflare, to see how it works.
Pages: 1 2