MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CyberTechForums.com - Gaming, Technology, Computing & Coding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have now allowed guests to view post count and thread titles but not the content of the threads.
This is purely to stop leeching.

I will be discussing this issue with my staff members to see what we can come up with.
(2011-09-27, 05:13 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-27, 02:19 PM)Siege Wrote: [ -> ]Many forums are hidden to guests because we experienced tons of leeching and no registration.

Leeching? Isn't it just a discussion forum?

Yes and what's your point? Some forums are there for more than just posting. For reasons such as revenue.

We can't have people stealing tutorials and other things that have been posted. And we also would prefer that people register and participate in the forums, which is not too much to ask in exchange for the content that we give.
(2011-09-27, 10:37 PM)Siege Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and what's your point? Some forums are there for more than just posting. For reasons such as revenue.

We can't have people stealing tutorials and other things that have been posted. And we also would prefer that people register and participate in the forums, which is not too much to ask in exchange for the content that we give.

You're being very hostile for no reason that I can see.
(2011-09-27, 10:52 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-27, 10:37 PM)Siege Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and what's your point? Some forums are there for more than just posting. For reasons such as revenue.

You're being very hostile for no reason that I can see.

[Image: tCFnqn.png]

There's your reason. Does the content hiding piss you off? Well that's great. You piss me off too. Maybe hiding content doesn't work in YOUR situation, but it seems to not be causing any problems except for with you. DMCA notices are auto-generated and it doesn't look like we can do anything about that. Plus, we have coding tutorials on the forum, and the code belongs to us. SO, even if we did have that DMCA there still, it would be valid. The death of the glow effect is purely your opinion. There are forums that have the glow effect and are successful. Quit your whining.
Forum has been updated since the last collection of posts on this thread.
Please can you give me your thoughs?
http://cybertechforums.com

February 2012 Contest
Win free legitimate softwate, collectively worth over $235, in our referal contest here.
Just refer 5 members and the software is yours to keep.
Pages: 1 2