MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't post new threads on Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Weird problem...I can't post a new thread on Google Chrome. The post editor box is too big and I just get an error message that there is no message! What could be wrong? It works fine on IE and FF.
What's the error message? Screenshots?
Forum URL? Test account?
OK, I have more info after testing. I am able to post on Chrome at my location however, one of my users reported this issue so I remote viewed his PC with teamviewer and saw that he can't start any new threads although he can reply to posts. When he tries to start a new thread (in Chrome only), the first thing that happens is the post editor has a large white box overlapping the size-able editor container. He can then type in a message and click post message but the error message comes up:

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The message is missing. Please enter a message.

We tried it in IE and it worked fine. I also tried a different MyBB forum on his PC and it worked fine. It has to be something with his settings yet something with my forum since the other MyBB forum seems to work fine. I also tried Chrome on several different PC's at my location and all worked fine. Now here is the weird thing...he was able to make one new thread when he first registered and it worked fine. Since then, this error has started happening. I tried to get him to use FF or IE but they run slow on his machine where Chrome does run a lot faster so he want's to use Chrome.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any screen shots when I was logged into his system.
(2011-09-27, 02:11 AM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Forum URL? Test account?

www.7173mustangs.com

u/n: test
p/w: tester
It works fine for me in Chrome. Undecided

To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following:

If you are using MyBB v1.6.4 and newer:

Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> General configuration >> Disable all plugins >> YES

For all other versions older than MyBB v1.6.4:

In ./inc/init.php, find the code:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

After this code, add this:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Then save and/or reupload this edited version of the file so the forum will run the new code.

This will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this code is in place. When you remove this code, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this code is added, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this code added, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.

Thank you.
Yeah...I have a ton of plugins and I'm sure one of them is causing this. But it is in conjunction with the user's PC settings because we can all post with Google Chrome no problem. I'm not going to worry too much about it right now. I just thought someone who uses Chrome would have a setting change to offer up or something.