MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tabbed Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think MyBB should incorporate a tabbed menu within MyBB, so we don't have to mess around with the plugins for it.

My logic:

From my understanding there are only two working tabbed menu plugins, MyTabs and Labrocca's Tabbed Menu, MyTabs has some sort of hack qhich allows users to get admin control or something, this is from what I have heard. As for Tabbed Menu, it has multiple install issues, when trying to edit the theme templates, etc.

If MyBB incorporated the tab menu as a general feature for MyBB I think it would greatly benefit the community.
Everyone wants tabs because MyBB's largest forum HF has them. But I think most sites don't need them and MyBB doesn't have to build it into base.
(2011-09-27, 01:05 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone wants tabs because MyBB's largest forum HF has them. But I think most sites don't need them and MyBB doesn't have to build it into base.

Agreed. Only some of the larger forums should be using tabs. If you start a forum with them that means you have to many forums.
(2011-09-27, 01:24 AM)Andro Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell HF forums meance what and link i want to see that largest forum.

hackforums.net

@Suggestion: I agree to the suggestion, but it should be available at user's choice though.
(2011-09-27, 05:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-27, 01:24 AM)Andro Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell HF forums meance what and link i want to see that largest forum.

hackforums.net

@Suggestion: I agree to the suggestion, but it should be available at user's choice though.

Of course at users choice, but it organizes the forums better in my opinion and I think it would be a great tool to have.
Unless you have hundreds of thousands of users, there's no reason to have so many forums that you need tabs to divide them.