MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to upgrade forums due to wrong password.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a bit of a problem of unable to login to update the database.. It's an old database, and I'm using a newer version of MyBB.

But the problem is, regardless if I alter the user password (of my own username(s) in the database with a new Md5 hash, it just won't work.

Even: 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6 <-- password: test .. doesn't work

The forum keeps saying it's an incorrect password. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try changing password hash as a command/query rather than setting it up manually in mybb_users table.
MyBB uses a salt along with password. So just MD5'ing "test" won't be a solution.
SQL Query :
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = MD5('newpassword'), `salt`='' WHERE `uid`=1;

newpassword <-- whatever you want as the new password
I just used a query but it seems when I login when I attempt to upgrade the forums, it directly goes back to the login screen, no user/pass error. So far I tried usergroup 2 and 4. Both same effect. I assume 4 is the administrator usergroup seeing other members have 2.
^ are you super administrator on the forum with user id = 1 ?
Ah, 1. Then let me change myself to 1 Smile.

EDIT: Regardless me being 1.. Same effect as my post above. It won't log me in, goes instantly back to the login page.
try below queries
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4'; 
DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups'; 
Your suggestion caused:

Quote:Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in D:\xampp\htdocs\MyBB\inc\class_session.php on line 371

:p
If it returns to login screen, without an error, it might be because of improper cookie settings.

Is your site live? If yes, can we have a link to it?
Pages: 1 2