MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suddenly Alot of guets on my forum ? [Adsense account closed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before last week, only 3 or 4 members with maximum of 50 or 70 guests do online in a 24 hour time in my forum.

From last week, the number of visitors is surprisingly boost up on my forum. i.e. 170 to 160 guests. So I began to worry, Then some un regular bots appear online i.e. Yandex , Voyager , Alexa Internet. At that time, board posting was normal. Then one evening my friend calls me and he told me look at the forum. I looked and amazed there were 36 online users, out which 11 members and 25 guest. Now the problem starts, I checked the guest's ip's and 1 guest is local, and 24 are from amazon.com (may be Alexa but 24 at a time). then next morning we looked in our Google ad sense account and it was blocked. with reason "invalid account activity".

Who are these guests. one is now online and here is its ip 184.73.108.194
As per the IP check of 184.73.108.194 ;

Results Wrote:IP: 184.73.108.194
Decimal: 3091819714
Hostname: ec2-184-73-108-194.compute-1.amazonaws.com
ISP: Amazon.com
Organization: Amazon.com
Services: None detected
Type: Corporate
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:
Geolocation Information

State/Region: Washington
City: Seattle
Latitude: 47.5839
Longitude: -122.2995
Area Code: 206
Postal Code: 98144

It is probably bot exploring and listing your website which is good.
But Ad sense a/c closed Sad after that
Contact Google Adsense.
(2011-09-28, 06:36 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Contact Google Adsense.

Yeah I made the appeal! but I want to know, why there are 24 guests with the same service at the same time, some kind of ddos??
Think about it logically. Would Amazon ddos your site? I highly doubt it. They're just crawlers. They do it automatically to thousands of sites.
Well the IP is from http://aws.amazon.com/ , so Amazon isn't the only one with access to that IP. It can be one of their clients. So your "Would Amazon do___" analogy doesn't really make sense.
(2011-09-28, 06:54 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Think about it logically. Would Amazon ddos your site? I highly doubt it. They're just crawlers. They do it automatically to thousands of sites.

I know nothing about Amazon, so I don't know what services they provide or how their system works.
Okay! got it
(2011-09-28, 06:34 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]It is probably bot exploring and listing your website which is good.

BOTs have a single ip ? or they will show like a number of ips from the same ISP, until they have added to your forum ?

Pages: 1 2