MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge errors???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone,
I am trying to merge my board but sadly am having some difficulties. First, I am using WAMP server on my computer to do the merge before uploading online so I know it works and so I can avoid downtime. I am attempting to merge phpBB 3 install. phpBB is modified but I used phpBB's STK to clean the database so it only contains a phpBB database as if it had no mods installed.

Problem I'm having: Merge system is giving me a completely blank page when I choose to merge Moderators. Also, the Merge system seems to go on forever when it gets to the part to "merging" polls. It says there are 0 polls to do and 0 pages however it just keeps refreshing on itself and never ends.

Any Ideas? Should I use the merge system in order or should I merge threads and posts first before I do the polls? Sorry I'm new to MyBB.

I'm excited to switch to MyBB since I love how it works. It has really nice features built in out of the box and a wonderful plugin system unlike phpBB Toungue. Thanks for everything Big Grin
-Jonah
Bump.... Any ideas?

Also, I have noticed, when I dumped my DB and tested the converter i noticed, aside from the problems I got above, I noticed it did this to all the links on my board:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://chickens4winnipeggers.com/">http://chickens4winnipeggers.com/</a><!-- m -->

See, it shows the links like you would read them plain text in the database. Any ideas on how to fix that. Also even though I technically completed the conversion I still would like to know how to fix the problems so I can have an easy transition to MyBB.

Thanks
if you use the clean database of phpBB, are you able to make a clean phpBB forum without any errors ..
it should not take much time to check above ; OR do not worry about the modifications in phpBB ;
use the original database AND run the latest merge system .. ([Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System])

see also phpbb3 to mybb merge questions..
(2011-09-29, 01:38 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if you use the clean database of phpBB, are you able to make a clean phpBB forum without any errors ..
it should not take much time to check above ; OR do not worry about the modifications in phpBB ;
use the original database AND run the latest merge system .. ([Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System])

see also phpbb3 to mybb merge questions..

If I understand correctly, the "clean" db works just fine on phpBB.

Any ideas on the issues though?...
Which phpBB? 2 or 3?

Also, you can't "run it on local" to avoid downtime. You need to close the phpBB forum when importing it, or people can continue to post to it, register on it, etc.. and that will throw the import off. So you still have to close it. Sorry. See the wiki articles:
[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

For more information about that aspect of it.

You are using Merge System 1.6.2, and running PHP 5 yes?