MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Promotion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I know you probably hear this alot but whats the best way to promote your forum?
Ive had my forum open for just open a year now and after I had a busy patch im trying to get my forum back up and active.

Ive tried Google Adwords and Facebook Ads but honestly, they just seem like a waste of money.
Ive started banner swapping and purchasing advertisements on other forums but theres only half of dozen sites with my banner at the moment.
Im trying to find some showcasing forums, if you know some that may be usefull please let me know.

If anyone has any other ideas, please post them.
Thanks in advance
Go for the larger forums such as offtopic.com.

Quote:Threads: 4,851,407, Posts: 144,808,604, Members: 234,434
Active Members in the last 30 days: 77,690

$200 a month for a text link or for a rotating banner spot.
Project Wonderful is pretty awesome if you want to advertise cheaply.

Then there's Postloop if you want to artificially boost activity.
(2011-09-28, 11:22 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Then there's Postloop if you want to artificially boost activity.
Do they basically get bets to post on your forum?

(2011-09-28, 11:43 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-28, 11:22 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Then there's Postloop if you want to artificially boost activity.
Do they basically get bets to post on your forum?

No. You either buy or earn points by posting on other's forums, then you set up your forum, people subscribe to it and start posting, and then they can withdraw their points for cash when they reach 100 Smile There's more info on the Postloop site.
(2011-09-29, 02:16 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]No. You either buy or earn points by posting on other's forums, then you set up your forum, people subscribe to it and start posting, and then they can withdraw their points for cash when they reach 100 Smile There's more info on the Postloop site.
Hmm im not sure if I like that, but thanks ill take a look.

What do you guys do interms of SEO and Backlinks?

(2011-09-29, 11:36 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-29, 02:16 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]No. You either buy or earn points by posting on other's forums, then you set up your forum, people subscribe to it and start posting, and then they can withdraw their points for cash when they reach 100 Smile There's more info on the Postloop site.
Hmm im not sure if I like that, but thanks ill take a look.

What do you guys do interms of SEO and Backlinks?

Link swaps are great to start off with. Buying permanent ones are good. Buying front page ads, etc.

For SEO, change to the SEO MyBB urls, if you really care, get Google SEO, (Which does help, but not nearly as important as everyone thinks.)
(2011-09-29, 02:52 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]For SEO, change to the SEO MyBB urls, if you really care, get Google SEO, (Which does help, but not nearly as important as everyone thinks.)
Yer I got it installed Smile Thanks
TBH, never try Facebook or adwords, just waste of money.

off-topic: ubers is on #1 Pagerank as per latest stats of today. Toungue
Actually depending on how you do FB or adword's i've seen it work awesomely. It all depends on your niche.
Pages: 1 2