MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

upgrading from 1.4.11 (1411) to 1.6.4 needs which old version, please? There is no choice for version 1.4.11.

Thanks in advance for any answer.
Yes, the option is there
[attachment=24273]
(2011-09-29, 12:59 AM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the option is there
No, I do not have this option. The window shows other versions on my forum and, I am not able to run the upgrade. I ran an upgrade onder the mentioned scale cause I thought that this could be the right scale but I had to learn that I upgraded to the same version I was running before... Sad

Are you using a different upgrader? When you go to yourforumurl/install/upgrade.php, you should see what I posted above. Can you post a pic of what options are on yours?
Yes, I hang it on here...
You are using outdated files. Download the correct ones and the new upgrade script will be amongst them. Then upgrade your forum according to the blog post.
Quote:Full Upgrade
If your current version is more than one point below the newest version, you need to make a full upgrade. For example, if you're using 1.6.1 and the newest version is 1.6.4, then you need a full upgrade. The same applies if you're using 1.4.x and you're upgrading to 1.6. You need use the latest version of the software.

Download the latest version
I downloaded and used mybb_1604 for two times, now.

Then for some reason, your files are not being overwritten when you are uploading them. Your screenshot doesn't show any of the 1.6 series which is included in the new upgrade script.

Are you uploading via ftp?
Yes, I do the upload via ftp. It has overwritten all files but it won't overwrite one folder. Now I think that our forum has been hacked without that I noticed anything about it. Sad

Can you delete the old folder before uploading the new one?
Pages: 1 2