MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to update a plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do we update a plugin? just release the another version and users will know from their ACP. and they'll download a fresh copy of plugin, or we have to use some update function, ?
http://mods.mybb.com/personal-cp
You have to modify it from there and wait until it gets validated again. once it's approved, everyone will see that the plugin has been updated by "Plugin Updates" in their acp.

note: I assume you were referring to updating a plugin on the mods site.
Make sure you change the version number line in the info function as well.
It will only work if you added a guid before you uploaded it.
(2011-09-29, 09:55 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]It will only work if you added a guid before you uploaded it.

yes I've added guid, Like I want released a plugin named test v1.0 after that I want to release test v 2.0. With a minor change. So there is a way that users will update it from ACP? or they have to download test v2.0 and upload it again ?
No, users have to re-download the new version and overwrite to the old plugin using FTP.
(2011-09-29, 11:30 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No, users have to re-download the new version and overwrite to the old plugin using FTP.

Okay thanks solved
GUID alerts them for any updates being made. What GUID does is catch the version number, if it is greater than previous version, it shows an update to those who've installed it.
(2011-09-29, 01:34 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]GUID alerts them for any updates being made. What GUID does is catch the version number, if it is greater than previous version, it shows an update to those who've installed it.

okay thanks solved Big Grin