MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to actualize single plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has the option to actualize all plugins.

I run a very delicate plugin which no one of us wants to loose: the Tube Video Gallery. It's still running, I didn't dare to deactivate it with the upgrade, I made today. The other plugins I was deactivating. Now, I wanted to activate the plugins and I found out that I do not run the right and compatible versions of our plugins. So my questions...

1. Running the update, does it hurt the Tube Video Gallery?
2. Is there a way to update the plugings one for one?
you have upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.4 AND most of the plugins coded for earlier version
do not work now without a modification in the plugin files . see Updating your Plugins to 1.6 ...
Ah, Ok I will read your link as soon as possible.

Thanks for answering.
I don't disable plugins while upgrading, its just a safe measure, but it doesn't cause any problems.

Also, I change compatibility of all plugins just to * so every time I upgrade, I don't have to change their compatibility.
(2011-09-30, 07:02 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I change compatibility of all plugins just to * so every time I upgrade, I don't have to change their compatibility.
Could you please provide me with some more information about * because I never learned php until now.

^ plugins' main files in general, have a compatibility line as explained at Updating your Plugins to 1.6 ... .
one may use * in that compatibility line instead of 14* OR 16* ..

eg. 'compatibility' => '16*', <-- here replace 16* with *
Now, I have got it, thanks Smile

(2011-10-01, 01:12 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ plugins' main files in general, have a compatibility line as explained at Updating your Plugins to 1.6 ... .
one may use * in that compatibility line instead of 14* OR 16* ..

eg. 'compatibility' => '16*', <-- here replace 16* with *

(2011-10-01, 01:42 AM)Ruby Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I have got it, thanks Smile

I would advise against using *, and use 16* (which is 1.6.anything) instead - because when 2.0 is released you will not be able to use 1.x plugins with it.