MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble installing on my own server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm trying to install myBB on my server but after entering forum name/admin password etc. in the installer, I get the following error:

mySQL error: 1146
Table 'mybb.mybb_threads' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_threads

When I check the mysql data dir on my pc, there are 42 .frm files but no mybb_threads.frm.

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

My server inst.:

Abyss web server on Win XP pro.
PHP 4.3.9
MySQL 4.1.7

Btw. PHPmyAdmin works fine on this pc.
Did you run the install script? If you didn't then please visit ./install/index.php in your web browser and follow the steps until it is COMPLETE. If you did run the installer, try it again as it looks like it didn't create one or more of the tables. Did you change the table prefix from the default?
Chris Boulton Wrote:Did you run the install script? If you didn't then please visit ./install/index.php in your web browser and follow the steps until it is COMPLETE.
Yes, it was during the installation i got the error. After clicking next on the page called "Board Configuration and Administrator Account Setup".

Chris Boulton Wrote:If you did run the installer, try it again as it looks like it didn't create one or more of the tables.
I've tried it several times and once again just now. All the tables except the "threads" one is created, but installation says its created.

Installation Wrote:...
Creating table mybb_themes...done
Creating table mybb_threadratings...done
Creating table mybb_threads...done
Creating table mybb_threadsread...done
Creating table mybb_userfields...done
Creating table mybb_usergroups...done
Creating table mybb_users...done
Creating table mybb_usertitles...done

All tables have been created, click Next to populate them.

PhpMyAdmin Wrote:...
mybb_themes 2 16.0 KB
mybb_threadratings 0 16.0 KB
mybb_threadsread 0 16.0 KB
mybb_userfields 0 16.0 KB
mybb_usergroups 7 16.0 KB
mybb_users 0 16.0 KB
mybb_usertitles 5 16.0 KB
42 table(s) 505 -- 1.0 MB
Chris Boulton Wrote:Did you change the table prefix from the default?
No

I've installed the forum elsewhere without any problems before, so I guess it must be something with my php/mysql installation, but I can't figure it out.

How long ago did you download the release? If it was more than a week ago, try downloading it again as some things were changed..

This has got me stumped :/
Chris Boulton Wrote:How long ago did you download the release? If it was more than a week ago, try downloading it again as some things were changed..

This has got me stumped :/

I've solved the problem. By default mySql used innoDB as it's storage engine, which for some reason didn't like the threads table. By disabling it and using MyISAM instead installation works without any problems.

Weird...

Wow, thats interesting

I'll look in to getting this issue resolved for the next release..
I am having the same problem.

Bojo, would you mind telling me how to diable the innoDB? I'm a noob with mySQL and use phpMyAdmin.

Thanks,
Laura
suzie Wrote:I am having the same problem.

Bojo, would you mind telling me how to diable the innoDB? I'm a noob with mySQL and use phpMyAdmin.

Thanks,
Laura

As far as I remember (I'm a noob with this too):

I started the MySql server instance wizard.

When it asked for "database usages" I selected the "Non-transactional database only"

I guess that was it.

I noticed afterwards that in my.ini I have a line that says:

skip-innodb

Regards

Bojo
I am Also having this problem
Right after the final install step.

And if I try and acess my board I get this error:

Table 'mybb2.mybb_threads' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT f.*, t.subject AS lastpostsubject FROM mybb_forums f LEFT JOIN mybb_threads t ON (t.tid = f.lastposttid) WHERE active!='no' ORDER BY f.pid, f.disporder

ScreenShot:
http://66.49.160.41/hosted/h40qb0p7cwjm1...534h5a.png
I have the exact same proble as mentione above at the very last step of installation wizard.

I installed the myBB on to a windows server and my path to the forum is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myBB. I tried installing using both (localhost and the ip of the server) but still the last step gives error related to "Notice: Undefined variable: settings in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myBB\install\index.php on line 432" and "Notice: Use of undefined constant hostname - assumed 'hostname' in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myBB\install\index.php on line 382"

and...

Table 'mybb.mybb_threads' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_threads

along with few other errors as well.

I have double check the tables and table mybb_threads do exist.

I think the problem here is that the install script is not picking up the default path to the forums. For example

I use http://localhost/myBB/install to install mybb and at the end in the final step its unable to determine the proper path. It takes the path as c:\Inetupub\wwwroot\myBB\ instead of taking it as http://localhost/myBB/.

Does anyone know how to fix that?
Pages: 1 2