MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Title Character Limit, How To Increase It???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I just noticed I can't have long thread titles, is there a admin control to increase the character limit on thread titles?
Edit the newthread template and change the value in the following:
Quote:<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

Run in PHPMyAdmin
ALTER TABLE mybb_threads CHANGE subject VARCHAR(whatever length up to 256)

If you require even longer subjects, change it to a text field.
(2011-09-29, 07:44 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the newthread template and change the value in the following:
Quote:<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

I have the latest mybb installed for some reason I couldn't find the line you mentioned not even "maxlength" in the newthread file.
(2011-09-29, 07:45 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Run in PHPMyAdmin
ALTER TABLE mybb_threads CHANGE subject VARCHAR(whatever length up to 256)

If you require even longer subjects, change it to a text field.

Hmmm no idea how to do that
It's in the template...not the file.
If he changes it to a value of greater than 120, he will need to run the query as well.
(2011-09-29, 07:54 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the template...not the file.

So I went into Admin CP and into the templates area, it looks like I got 3 template sets:
Default Template
Global Template
Bad Company 2 Template (my theme)

So in which one do I edit the newthread thingy?
(2011-09-29, 07:57 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If he changes it to a value of greater than 120, he will need to run the query as well.

120 might work for me, I just need large enough to fit news articles titles.
You want to do it to whatever ones your themes use.
(2011-09-29, 09:12 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You want to do it to whatever ones your themes use.

how do I find that out? LOL

Sorry for sounding stupid but this part is complicated, 3 themes but 1 is active it seems, then it says something about all themes using such and such on all other themes very strange stuff.
"Bad Company 2 Template (my theme)"
Pages: 1 2