MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Smilie import?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a lot of smilies I am wanting to add. But I don't want to have to enter all the image names, etc. Is there any way to mass import smilies? Say 309 Toungue lol.
Well, if I understand it properly, you just upload all those smilies into your images/smilies folder using FTP..then go to AdminCP -> Message Filter -> Smilie Manager and then select Add Multiple Smilies. It will then ask which folder to look through (should default to your images/smilies folder) and then hit Browse for Smilies. The next page should have them there. You then just click the box and verify all the text is correct and then hit Add Multiple Smilies.

EDIT: Yep, that's what does it! Just did a trial upload of about 8 and it was easy! Big Grin Though it will still take you awhile to do all 309. The major advantage of doing it this way, though, is the system will give you everything by default, and then it's up to you whether or not you want to change the text that the smilie replaces. Still, much easier and quicker than having to do them one at at time. Wink