MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Started by [user] on [date and time]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that wuold be good to have the voice "Started by [user] on [date and time]" under the topic title in every page of threads.
E.g. for this thread: MyBB Community Forums / MyBB 2.0 Forums / MyBB 2.0 Suggestions and Feedback / Started by [user] on [date and time]
Under "Started by etc. etc." wold be useful (for every page) to have this voice.
What do you think about this?

By voice you simply mean text, right? I would support this. I don't really like how some forum software displays the first post on every page, but something simple to further indicate the thread you're in would be nice.
(2011-10-01, 11:30 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]By voice you simply mean text, right?

No. OP wants a text-to-speech version of this information playing in a loop as background music of the webpage.
I would like to have this in the threadlist.
Why? It tells you who the author is on the forum/category page, and (unless you click the link to go to the first unread post) it wouldn't take you to the last page.
It makes it easier to find new threads.
By threadlist, did you mean when you're viewing a category, or...?
exactly: forumdisplay.php
So you're basically saying you want it like this?:
"Thread title would go here (with link)
Started on {username here}, on {when the thread was started}" instead of just the title and username?

Also, I just want to note if you DO mean that, you are asking for something similar yet different to what the original poster is asking for. Unless I'm mistaken, they want each thread page (like this one) to show "Started by {author}, on {start date}" (like xenForo does it)
That's what I mean!

and you're right. Didn't notice it, but it's different from what the original poster asked. What he asked can be done with XThreads.
Pages: 1 2