MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error message while viewing users & groups in admin cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Installed a fresh mybb forum three days back, for a gaming clan. This morning I have created a few "view" profiles to filter between clan member and regular members. when I logged in this afternoon i found the following error when i logged into the admin cp, and clicked the "users & groups" tab:

Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 2971 - File: admin/modules/user/users.php PHP 5.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/user/users.php 2971 errorHandler->error
/admin/modules/user/users.php 2857 build_users_view
/admin/index.php 488 require
Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 3585 - File: admin/modules/user/users.php PHP 5.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/user/users.php 3585 errorHandler->error
/admin/modules/user/users.php 3339 build_user_view_table
/admin/modules/user/users.php 2857 build_users_view
/admin/index.php 488 require

etc...

The thing that strikes me is that the first error is on line 2971, and then i have about 19 errors on line 3585 underneath that.

at the bottom of the page i had a bunch of lines with a checkbox (where the user names would normally be) but no text or identity showing.

screenshot:

[Image: problemlx.jpg]

no plugins or mods were installed yet. I checked the files themselves, they were not altered since the installation (my hosting is pretty secure). The userlist worked before, and I have no idea how this could get messed up like this.

additional information: undearneath the error lines I still have the header with the "view" button. when i click "view" and select one of the views I created, the list DOES load normally. However as soon as I click the users & groups tab at the top, the error shows up again.

any help is appreciated.
Can you try reuploading admin/modiles/user/users.php file of your MyBB version from default package?
I tried this but to no avail. the error remains
I found the solution; apparently I deleted the default view and for some reason the forum didn't accept the other view I wanted to set as default. After setting the newly created view as default once more the error message disappeared.
another remark; I didn't fix this by setting a standard view. I found I created this error by deleting the standard installed forum view. I installed a test forum and looked up the sql table for the views; went into my own forum, created a new "standard forum view", then filled out the values of the test forum's view table (there's only one row of values so that's the standard forum view that comes with a fresh installation).