MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can anyone confirm that the Wordpress integration still works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. Thank you for your help.

I have installed Simple Press recently, but after doing some additional research I have learned that Mybb is far more feature rich than SP. However, after doing hours of search on this forum and on the web about Wordpress integration with Mybb, I haven't really found a definitive answer to the solution.

I am aware of the WordBB plugin, but the update for that plugin has stopped. I've also read several solutions to this issue but no one's actually confirmed that it works in recent months. In fact, most people who have bothered to post their results have all said that WordBB did not work.

Does anyone know if WordBB is still compatible? I want my readers to register just once for my blog or my forum and be able to post on both freely. Sorry for the length of the post and thank you for your help.
it appears that you have mistaken the main purpose of wordBB !
AND you may have to use zingiri-forum for your requirement ..
Thanks for pointing me to the right direction ranjani. Now I can uninstall simple press and use mybb without any worries.
I'm back. So I tried zingiri and it works to a certain extent, but the problem is that the plug-in slows down my site to a crawl. Uninstall it and everything works like a charm, but with zingiri everything slows down. Btw, zingiri does what it's supposed to do, the only problem is that it is slow as hell.

So, I was hoping someone could tell me if I could just use wordbb to integrate user registration between wordpress and mybb. I don't need any extra features from wordbb, but if it can do what zingiri does I would like to try that.

Thanks folks.
Thank you for posting your findings for Zingiri.
(2011-10-06, 04:31 PM)tikijj Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, zingiri does what it's supposed to do, the only problem is that it is slow as hell.

No probs BR549.

pdtrx, I found this even before zingiri, but it looks like those who've bothered to come back and post results have not been able to make it work. Like this one for example;
"myBB login is not working for WP recent version 3.1.3 ; successfully used on WP 2.9.2 "

I don't think the plug-in is supported any longer and I can't really build a community around a system that's eventually going to be completely incompatible.

As it stand it looks as though my only choice is either buddpress or bbpress, but I hear buddypress is a resource hog. I am at loss right now.
To be honest, install MyBB alone, then integrate your WP theme with MyBB. Once people click the 'forum' tab, it should feel seamless.

The only thing that these bridging software do is create problems, incompatibilities, and not to mention, it slows down the website considerably.