MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allure by Forum Source [WIP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: logo.png]

I've started working on yet another theme but this time I'm trying to do a lot of things differently and taking new approaches to displaying things like stats, the user control panel and much much more. There's still so much work to be done in this theme and I'll be putting a lot of work into it since I plan to make this the best theme I've created so far. You can check it out by using this link, ignore the domain name, it was just an extra domain name no one wanted to buy that I had so I use it for theme testing -

http://imatroll.net/

Feel free to post any feedback and suggestions you have.

Nice, clean made.
But the wow factor isn't there.
You really need to add some type of gradient to the welcomeblock and menu as it has no separation and...looks terrible. Then for the thead/header lower the bottom color of the gradient some.
(2011-10-01, 02:25 PM)Joenn A. Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, clean made.
But the wow factor isn't there.

No worries, there's still a lot to do, I'm just playing with different colors and things like that still.

(2011-10-01, 03:24 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]You really need to add some type of gradient to the welcomeblock and menu as it has no separation and...looks terrible. Then for the thead/header lower the bottom color of the gradient some.

Well one is gray and the other is black... but I suppose I could mess around with different colors and see how it looks. As for separation, what do you mean? Should I increase the space between the two? I thought there was a good amount.

Edit: I've darkened the bottom part of the gradient for the thead.
Your expand/collapse button is from another theme.
(2011-10-01, 05:15 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]Your expand/collapse button is from another theme.

Correct, it's from several different themes that I've seen.

I'll probably end up changing it soon, I just need to find a good one that no one is using.

Edit: I've changed them to something else for the time being so no one complains. Wink
(2011-10-01, 05:15 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]Your expand/collapse button is from another theme.

It's from the Fugue icon set, which I like better than MyBB's default Silk, though each has some icons the other doesn't.
It looks pretty good, nice work. Smile

What I think Jason means is that there is no visual difference between the welcomeblock and the tables; they use the same gradient and look exactly the same. You might want to take out the background styling altogether. Just play around with it and you'll find something that works.

Also, the thead background is taller and the color is showing in IE/Chrome. You can make the background the same as the bottom color of the gradient but they'll still be taller in IE and Chrome. If that's fine with you then use that, but if you want them to be the same height across all browsers add this to .thead:
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
Thanks for that thead fix, I've added it to the .thead and .tfoot classes so they look better in Chrome and IE. Smile

I still don't quite understand what you guys are talking about in regards to the welcomeblock and the "tables" though.

Are these the two you're talking about?

[Image: iyEN0d5WtbG9S.png]
I realized I made a mistake in what I said. I meant to say navigation instead of welcomeblock. The navigation blends in too much with the theads.
Pages: 1 2