MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you have against duplicate user accounts on a forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I see a lot of forums with rules against duplicate accounts, and I'm wondering, since I'm so inexperienced, what's wrong with a user having two accounts or more?

I know sometimes it can be difficult to ban them if they've got a lot or you don't know of the other account(s), but other than that I can't see any other issues to be honest Huh

What's wrong with it?
Scamming, giving reputation to your main account, annoying other members, being a general idiot, taking up a username another member might want, etc...

They're the main reasons I can think of to disallow duplicate accounts.
People like to use them to because they can start drama easier, if people don't know its a multi.
There's no need to have multiple accounts. Most other reasons have already been stated in this thread.
Everything.
There is no positive to allowing members to have multiple accounts.
The question should be, what good reason is there to allow duplicate accounts?
(2011-10-01, 08:43 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]The question should be, what good reason is there to allow duplicate accounts?

Exactly! There is no good reason to have one which means why allow them in the first place since only negatives can come from it.
(2011-10-01, 08:43 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]The question should be, what good reason is there to allow duplicate accounts?

(2011-10-02, 02:27 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]

I see. xD.
Thanks for your opinions, guys Smile I'm a lot more knowledgeable now.
Pages: 1 2