MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New pokemon forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and my friend have made a new pokemon forum recently with premium hosting...The site url is <snip>/Pm me for more info
- It's vBulletin forum software; rules state you are only allowed to advertise forums that is MyBB forum software.
- No content.
- No forums set up so that people may discuss what the forum is about.
- The theme needs to be more "Pokemon" friendly. There needs to be Pokemon images in the theme.

--
Though good luck with your forum in the future. Smile
We just made it so I don't think it is going to look appealing to anyone YET
(2011-10-01, 11:28 PM)xXTansXx Wrote: [ -> ]We just made it so I don't think it is going to look appealing to anyone YET

Then why showcase it right now? Nobody won't join if there isn't any content. Advertise once you have some content going, and a decent theme, and maybe some people will join. Smile
Why somebody has posted a promotional thread about a vBulletin forum on the MyBB site baffles me. This will get locked, but I'll leave a couple of words of advice as a struggling admin myself. However, there is a lot to write about in your case. Pokémon is a massive franchise. Your biggest challenge is competing with other sites, and since there are so many of them there won't be many original features to add. What can you bring to the table that others haven't?

First of all, if you can't create a theme you need to either find a good free one for the time being, pay for a premium theme, or hire somebody. I'm going to guess you're quite young, but take it from me. If you want a site you're creating through pure passion to work, you'll have to put money into it, even if you feel as if it's money you don't have. It's an investment that will pay off (at least on a happiness level Wink) if you get a good number of members and make great friends.

That will only happen if you have the content. I recommend naming forums after different areas in the Pokémon world (Kanto/Johto/etc), if you can think of something creative, which is more fun than plain and boring names. It's a good idea to have a main site with content that will attract users. The bottom line is that you'll need something unique. Why would people join yours when there are forums with more features and more people to interact with?

For a theme, you should hire someone to make a theme based on the Poké Mart itself. That would be pretty cool. Anyway, like I said, this thread will get locked, so I'll end this here. Study other Pokémon sites to see what makes them successful. Take some ideas to the drawing board. Most importantly, whatever hardships you encounter, don't lose hope. Good luck.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-74199.html

Quote:Listing your forum:

If you wish to list your website here it must meet the following requirements:

It must contain a MyBB powered forum