MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent: Moderatation/user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have created an "moderator tread" that should have been "hidden" from members, guest and other. But here is the case!

E.g. I am logged in to that forum an viewing a post
A member can click on "who's online" and then see me surfing that post, when he then click on me/that post he can automatic read the entire post that should have been "hidden"

What can I do?

In forum management when edit the permission for the "hidden" forum, there are to checkboxes, aktive and open?

Seems this has no other effect than just show or close, but that goes also for moderators..

I have set permissions for all groups, double checked to see if they have permission to view, but for Banned, Guests and waiting activation they are all set to off/unchecked so that no one can see the form, just members and staff.

Please help
provide a test user account AND a thread link from moderator's section ..
sorry, did not understand the question?
He means create a test user and give the thread URL which is present inside the moderator only forum for testing.
ok, will se I can manage that task now Smile Thanks for clearing that up
L: test_user
P: test2011

Thread
http://simnor.no/forum/showthread.php?tid=34

Language is in Norwegian

I am now as admin currently in the thread, so you should be able to see me on the who is online page
Just go in, view who is online, press moderator or adminiistrator, when click the "reading forum link" to se that a member can then read the "hidden" thread
^ parent forum has no permissions to view
BUT the subforum has the permissions - this is the cause
So how to I fix it? Any suggestions
^ edit permissions for "Hendelser i forumet" - from forum management page of admin panel
I have done this now, could you please try and check again to verify that this is now setup correctly?
Okay, I checked now, its fine, I get no permissions error page when viewing that thread now, its fine now. Smile
Pages: 1 2